Dear Pleasant Hill Families and Student-Athletes,
On Friday, April 30th, Lane County is moving into the “Extreme Risk” level. This movement will reduce the number of allowable spectators at all of our events.
We understand the importance of families, community members, and students being able to support our student-athletes during their athletic contests. Our ability to host spectators is tied to the Oregon Health Authority’s current risk level assessment as well as our school’s ability to provide staffing, to ensure adherence to crowd size limitations, and to manage each event. We will continue to follow and enforce all safety guidelines set by the Oregon Health Authority. I know this is not ideal and my hope is that our county case numbers will fall by the end of the week. We need to embrace the opportunity that we have been given and focus on the fact that our kids will be able to compete and be together as a team.
Spectator Information for the Week of May 3rd – May 8th
Baseball & Softball– Each athlete’s parent/guardian will be able to obtain two tickets for all home games. Tickets can be found on the athletic website www.billiesathletics.com. Just follow the instructions. A passcode is needed and Mr. Hoberg will email the passcode to baseball & softball families. Ticket holders will check in with the event monitor at the main gate of each facility. Our event monitor will scan each ticket. Please DO NOT bring young children or additional people who do not have a ticket (on phone or printed). We know this situation is not ideal, but with everyone’s help we can make this work.
No Visiting Spectators at PH baseball and softball games.
- JV Baseball @ Sheldon (May 4th) : NO SPECTATORS
- JV Baseball @ Glide (May 6th): 2 Spectators per athlete. Glide will use roster
- V Softball @ Harrisburg (May 7th): 2 Spectators per athlete. Harrisburg will use roster
- JV Baseball @ Junction City (May 8th): 2 Spectators per athlete. JC will use roster
MS Track – Each athlete’s parent/guardian will be able to obtain two tickets for the track meet on May 5th. Tickets can be found on the athletic website www.billiesathletics.com. Just follow the instructions. Ticket holders will check in with the event monitor at the main gate to the track/turf. Our event monitor will scan each ticket. Please DO NOT bring young children or additional people who do not have a ticket (on phone or printed). We will need volunteers for all of our events. Please reach out to Mr. Neill: firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to volunteer.
- To comply with guidelines, participants and spectators must have separate entrances and exits. Please use designated entrances for all events and do not cross flagged areas.
OUTDOOR SPORTS IN EXTREME COUNTIES
Yesterday, the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) updated the Sector Risk Level Guidance Chart for Extreme Risk Counties in Outdoor Sports and Activities which increased the maximum gathering size to the following:
- 100 maximum (competitors, officials, staff all count) field capacity at the same time. For track, the infield is the area bounded by the outside lane of the track.
- 100 maximum spectators (if in an area with separate entrances, exits and restrooms from the participants). Pleasant Hill does not have separate entrances, exits, and restrooms @ our Baseball and Softball Fields. Therefore, we are limited to 50 maximum spectators in Extreme Risk.
Spectator Mask and Social Distancing Requirements
Oregon Health Authority guidelines mandate that:
- Masks are required to be worn outdoors by all individuals including spectators, participants, coaches, and officials.
- Social distancing guidelines will be enforced (family pods remain 6 ft from other pods) and hand sanitizer will be readily available.
- Failure to wear masks may prevent us from holding future athletic events. Our administrative team thanks you in advance for your cooperation.
I thank you for all your cooperation and support as we navigate these always changing guidelines.