Pleasant Hill Parents & Student-Athletes,
As you know, the recent spike in COVID-19 cases in Oregon has resulted in the Governor issuing Executive Order No. 20-65, calling for a “two-week” freeze, that goes into effect today, November 18th.
The updated Oregon Health Authority guidance requires schools to “prohibit all K-12 school sports INDOORS, including conditioning, training, and competitions.” Therefore, all Pleasant Hill School District gyms will be closed through at least December 2nd.
Key takeaways from the Statewide Freeze Guidance for K-12 School Sports
- Prohibition on all K-12 School Sports indoors, including conditioning, training and competition.
- Outdoor training and conditioning is still allowed. Full contact is not allowed.
- Mask/face coverings must be worn when actively participating in an outdoor sport.
- Closure of indoor sport courts.
- Maintain physical distancing of at least six (6) feet per person.
- Individuals must self-quarantine for 14 days upon return to Oregon if they have traveled out of state for recreational purposes or as part of an athletic traveling team.
Pleasant Hill will continue to provide opportunities for sports teams to participate in training and conditioning for OUTDOOR activities. Please check in with your coaches for specific dates and times.
For additional information regarding the Oregon Health Authority Guidance, please click on the following link:
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me or Noell. Stay safe and best wishes.