MS Athletes & Parents,
There have been a few questions regarding MS athletics and opportunities provided to 7th & 8th grade student-athletes. You may have noticed high school coaches volunteering their time to provide athletic opportunities to high school athletes. OSAA rules state that middle school and high school athletes can not workout together. With that said, there are opportunities for MS athletes to engage in co-curricular activities.
It is difficult to determine if we will be able to conduct school sponsored athletic competitions this winter. Under current Statewide Reopening Guidance – K-12 School Sports, Limited Return to play, basketball is considered a “full-contact sport” and competitions are prohibited at this time. Training and Conditioning are permissible.
If you are interested in participating in Fall/Winter Basketball workouts please contact the Middle School basketball coaches. NOTE: You must be registered (Middle School – Season 1 (All Sports)) on Register My Athlete to participate. Season 1 Registration closes October 31, 2020
MS Boys Basketball – Ryan Melvin: firstname.lastname@example.org
MS Girls Basketball – Kirk Dutton: email@example.com
MS Volleyball – HS Coach Jessica Crawford: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coach Crawford is hosting MS volleyball workouts on Sunday evenings, 5:00-6:00 (HS Gym)
Kidsports may be offering 6th-8th basketball in December. Please click on the following links for more information.
Kidsports 6th-8th Grade Basketball
Athletes must be registered through Register My Athlete before participating in Fall Season 1 Activities. Middle School Season 1 Registration closes on Saturday, October 31st. Please bring updated physicals to HS office before 4:00pm (M-F).
- All Middle School Athletes will register for Middle School– Season 1 (All Sports)
- Masks are required!!!
- No Fee required for Fall Season 1
- COVID-19 Tracking information will be taken each day.
- Locker rooms are not available.
- Bring own water bottles. Drinking fountains have been disabled due to COVID restrictions.
- Equipment: Bring Athletic Shoes & Cleats (if you have them)
- If you are feeling sick, have any of the possible COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has a confirmed case of COVD-19, YOU MUST STAY HOME.
- Anyone with an underlying medical condition should consult their health care professional before attending any school function.
- Social Distancing, Masks, Hand Sanitation:
- Social distancing requirements will be in place
- Masks are required if socially distancing is not possible
- Opportunities for proper hand sanitation will be made available
- Team areas, sidelines and gyms are limited to coaches and athletes ONLY.
- Coaches will notify athletes of changes to team schedules.
- Pleasant Hill Athletic teams will follow additional sport guidelines as determined by the OSAA and OHA Guidelines K-12 Sports.
Thank you for your continuing interest and support of Pleasant Hill Athletics.